There are many rumours and legends about where the name Amadeus comes from. One of them says that our company was named after the Falco song that was playing when four European airlines met to form a new GDS. Another says that it’s the name of the bar where they celebrated their agreement to form the company.
Whatever the real reason is, our company has come a long way since 1987. Today, Amadeus serves the global travel industry with ground-breaking technology solutions
Our role in the travel industry
Did you know?
- Amadeus was founded on 17 June 1987
- We operate in 190 markets, with a worldwide team of 15,000 people
- Over €4 billion invested in R&D since 2004
- We have won multiple industry awards
- We form part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 5th year running
- In 2016, we reported revenues of €4,473 million
- We are listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange and forms part of the IBEX 35 Index