Facts & figures
195 countries served by Amadeus and its 71 local Amadeus Commercial Organisations (ACOs). Get some of our key numbers here.
- The Amadeus Data Centre in Erding, Germany is a purpose built facility which is fully owned and managed by Amadeus - its sole occupant. It is one of the largest data centres worldwide fully dedicated to travel with more than 20 Petabytes of storage and over 11,000 infrastructure devices. In peak times, we process more than 27,000 end user transactions per second and more than 24 billion SQL executions per day. Every month we perform more than 5,200 IT changes and more than 500 application software loads while maintaining an average availability of 99.99%.
- Amadeus is the preferred technology provider and partner of the world’s leading companies. These include British Airways, Qantas, Finnair, Iberia, AMEX, Carlson Wagonlit, TUI, Siemens, Nestlé, Daimler-Chrysler, IBM, SAP and Lufthansa.
- Amadeus is the largest distributor of leisure packages worldwide.
- With 393 carriers implemented and 168 markets deployed, Amadeus offers travel agents the largest community of carriers and markets with electronic ticketing around the world.
- Amadeus services over 6,000 corporations worldwide such as Phillip Morris International, Nokia Siemens Networks, Volvo, Nordea Bank, Cemex, Daimler, France Telecom, Bosch, and Total.
- Presently, travel agencies using Amadeus can make bookings with more than 70 low cost carriers.
- Over 110 of the world’s leading airlines use the Amadeus e-Commerce Airline Suite in more than 110 markets.
- Over 80% of air bookings made by travel agencies through the Amadeus system globally came from carriers having signed content agreements with Amadeus.
- 195 countries served by Amadeus and its 71 local Amadeus Commercial Organisations (ACOs).
- 11,802 employees work in the Amadeus group worldwide, representing 123 nationalities worldwide.
Providers Available in Amadeus
- Airlines storing flight schedules in Amadeus: 690
- Airlines bookable: 430
- Car rental locations: 37,918
- Car rental companies: 32
- Cruise Lines: 20
- Ferry: 30
- Hotel properties: 300,000
- Hotel chains: 288
- Rail: 100
- Tour Operators: 243
- Travel Insurance (30 airlines and 42 Online Travel Agencies sell insurance with Amadeus): 76 markets, 22 insurance provider groups with a wide range of global affiliates
Amadeus Airline IT customers
Amadeus Altéa Inventory & Reservation airlines:
- Airlines contracted: 116
- Airlines implemented: 108
7 of the 12 oneworld airlines
17 of the 28 Star Alliance airlines (includes regional members)
10 of the 19 Sky Team airlines (includes associates members)
Amadeus Altéa DCS
- Airlines contracted: 100
- Airlines implemented: 71