This year will be its ninth annual event and it will be hosted in the Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megalopolis, a venue that offers stunning views over the City of Panama.
Industry leaders from around the world will be in attendance, including more than 40 from airlines, CEOs, Presidents and Board Members as well as Civil Aviation Authorities and representatives from leading airlines worldwide.
The ALTA Airline Forum event highlights the importance of tourism as a key driver for the economy worldwide and in particular, the importance of the airline industry.
According to UNWTO Tourism Highlights 2012 edition, in 2011 travel for leisure, recreation and holidays accounted for just over half of all international arrivals, i.e. 51% or 505 million arrivals.
Some 15% of international tourists reported travelling for business and professional purposes and another 27% travelled for other purposes.
Slightly over half of travellers arrived at their destinations by air transport (51%) in 2011, while the remainder (49%) travelled by other means.
Over time, the trend has been for air transport to grow at a faster pace than surface transport, so the share of air transport is gradually increasing.
The LATAM region is important for Amadeus across both our airline distribution and IT businesses and opportunities for industry players to network will be plentiful – so be sure to drop by and say hi if you’re attending.