Tour Operators: automating the search, consulting, and booking of tour packages
The tour industry is changing radically. Travel agents are turning more and more to leisure travel as their main source of revenue. They are eager to have a wide range of products to offer their customers, as well as an automated, easy, and efficient way to book a complete trip. Travellers, too, are getting more involved in their holiday planning. In response to these changing customer demands, and to target different niches, you are broadening your product offerings.
Amadeus understands the challenges and is working to fulfil your needs as a tour operator: You need to be present in multiple distribution channels to reach all your customers, and you need a system that will automate the entire process for you.
The Amadeus Leisure Platform (available in France)
The Amadeus Leisure Platform incorporates a browser-based graphical user interface aimed at automating the search, consulting, and booking of tour packages across multiple tour operators. It performs these functions quickly, comprehensively, and seamlessly.
This leisure platform meets the needs of two main groups:
- Providers wanting to improve and extend the marketing and distribution of their tour and leisure products
- Travel agents looking for a standard tool to search and book these products in a quick and cost-effective way
- Decrease call-centre costs due to automation and online booking.
- Differentiate your brand through the use of multimedia (logo, video, pictures, etc.).
- Take advantage of an advanced and innovative technology that opens up new dimensions and opportunities for tourism sales.
- Promote your offers and increase your bookings thanks to a simple, comprehensive and seamless tool that allows travel agencies to sell more, sell faster, and sell better.
- Develop strategic partnerships, manage multiple channels and identify new services to diversify your revenues.
- Anticipate new trends such as dynamic packaging.
- Capitalise on the comprehensive economic model: no "booking fee"
- Automated upload of electronic catalogue (using the CETO* format) for the search process
- Specific e-Catalogue for each distribution channel
- Use of the B2B/XFT standard for the booking process
- Standard communication protocol (XFT) for multi-channel distribution and, as such, reduced expenses
- Online availability and pricing for optimised yield management
* CETO: Association of French Tour Operators