Most frequently asked questions about Amadeus.
- Luis Maroto is President & CEO as of 1 January 2011. For a full list of executives, please visit our Key People page.
- Since 2000, world-leading airlines such as British Airways, Qantas and Finnair have contracted Amadeus' Airline IT Services. You can find a complete list of key milestones in the Amadeus Press kit.
- Yes. Amadeus is traded on the Spanish Stock Exchanges as of 29 April 2010 [AMS].
- Amadeus operates under a transaction-based business model that offers IT solutions to virtually all players in the travel industry. The Amadeus system processed 948 million key billed travel transactions in 2011.
- Amadeus’ solutions and services are used by our customer groups in different ways. More than 91,350 travel agency points of sale and over 67,180 airline sales offices use the Amadeus system to run their business. Many of the industry's other leading travel service providers use our modular technology to optimise their distribution and internal operational requirements.
- Today, there are 73 local Amadeus Commercial Organisations covering frontline activities in some 195 countries.
- Amadeus has established a truly global presence with central sites in Madrid (Corporate HQ & Marketing), Nice (Development) and Erding (Operations).
Regional offices, which provide sales, marketing and customer support, are located in Miami, Bangkok, Buenos Aires, and Dubai.
- Customer groups include travel providers (airlines, hotels, car rental companies, railway companies, ferry lines, cruise lines, insurance companies and tour operators), travel sellers (travel agencies) and travel buyers (corporations and travellers).