At Amadeus, we’re serious about our Data Center (DC) capabilities. Our privately-owned DC in Erding, Germany is integral to everything we do. With over 1.6bn transactions processed every day, it has often been referred to as the ‘brain-of-travel’. It’s secure, fast, innovative and as green as we can make it.
- No need to worry about security – security is our highest priorities. There is a no-fly zone in place over our DC in Erding, near Munich in Germany to keep your data safe. Bureau Veritas also carry out audits three times a year in which security, safety and maintenance checks are performed.
- Increase productivity – we understand that time is money and you need to work quickly and efficiently so that your business is profitable. Our staggeringly low average central response time of less than 0.3 seconds means that you won’t be waiting around for us. Our aim is always 100% service availability.
- Stay ahead of the curve – we’re constantly expanding and upgrading the capabilities of the Amadeus DC so you can be sure that you will always benefit from the very latest technology innovations.
- We won’t run out of space – our data center really is one of the biggest in Europe and the world – it boasts 5 petabytes of storage. One petabyte is the equivalent of 1,000,000 gigabytes. To put that in context, if you shoot 100 photos a day for 80 years at 5 Mb per photo, you’d still have 985,000 gigabytes free!
- Green credentials – half of our electricity consumption comes from the DC and like you, we believe it’s important to work towards sustainable solutions. Last year, we renewed our energy efficiency certification from TÜV SÜD, the new energy annex building became fully operational, we replaced two of the oldest cooling machines, and we changed from fluorescent to LEDs lamps in the three fire cells of the DC (approx. 700 lights) resulting in energy savings of more than 270,000 kWh per year, which is approximately equivalent to the monthly electricity consumption of 300 American homes.