Amadeus ACUS positioning paper
The cloud isn’t an end goal, but rather an enabler. Just because your vendor offers you common use in the cloud, doesn’t mean you are benefiting from being in the cloud.
Articles about Amadeus ACUS
- 2014 July - FTE article: The future of airport common use - will a one-size-fits-all solution ever be feasible?
- 2015 February - Innsbruck adopts cloud-based common use platform
- 2015 September - Perth Airport adopts Amadeus' cloud technology
- 2016 March - Quebec City’s Jean Lesage International Airport looks to transform check-in with Amadeus ACUS & self-service kiosks
- 2016 March - 8 questions airports should ask about cloud-based common use systems. Amadeus blog post by John Jarrell, Head of Airport IT, Amadeus IT Group.
- 2016 March - How can airport technology benefit travellers? Amadeus blog post.
- 2016 March - Perth Airport leads the industry into disruption (Presented at PTE 2016 by Perth Airport & Amadeus)
- 2016 April - Cape Verde's airports move into the cloud to cut IT complexity and improve the passenger experience
- 2016 June - There is Common Use. And then there is ACUS (Amadeus blog post)
- 2016 July - Almaty Airport implements Amadeus Airport Common Use Service (ACUS)
- 2016 July - Airports globally are reaping the benefits of Amadeus technology
Amadeus ACUS support material
- 2016 - Amadeus ACUS positioning paper. 8 difficult questions you should ask your current CUTE/CUPPS provider (PDF)
- 2014 - Amadeus ACUS whitepaper. IT makes sense to share: Making the case for the cloud in Common Use airport technology (PDF)
- Amadeus Airport Common Use Service (ACUS): Taking Passenger Processing to the Cloud [video]
- Amadeus ACUS product information sheet (PDF)
- Amadeus ACUS - 6 key benefits (PDF)