The payments industry has many interconnected players performing specialized tasks along the payment flow. For Airlines especially, it can be a challenge to juggle the many relationships with PSPs, alternative payment methods, fraud management providers, card schemes and, of course, banks.
That’s why Amadeus Travel Payments pioneered the concept of the Travel Payments Hub. With one connection, Airlines have access to our broad network of partners, where they can easily connect to all the payment providers they need.
In 2016 we added 20 new partners to the Travel Payments Hub. Besides, in the last quarter of 2016 we focused on enhancing our reach in a number of regions: Africa, where we added the ability to accept payments in 35 countries without the requirement of a bank account and Europe, where we added an important online bank transfer payment method which accounts for 16% of all online transactions in Germany.
Summary of the Q4 2016 updates
– Reach: Worldwide
– GiroSolution is an alternative payment methods provider, which includes Giropay (DE), Eps (AT) or iDEAL (NL). It is an internet payment method based on online banking: users can do direct online transfers from their bank accounts without additional registration.
– Giropay, Eps and iDEAL offers 100% protection against payment defaults due to payment guarantee from the buyer’s bank
– Reach: South America
– Solutions for payment processing (Payment Gateways), Reconciliation, Anti-Fraud, Tokenization, Checkout and Hosted payment page.
– Braspag is a company of the Cielo Group, the largest acquirer in Brazil. Braspag allows for 3DS processing of debit cards in Brazil and can process debit operations in 10 countries and 32 banks
– Reach: Russia, Ukraine and other Central and Eastern European countries
– Payture is a leading payment gateway in CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) expanding into Central and Eastern Europe, processing more than 2 billion transactions per month
– Solutions for quick and safe online payments processing and reporting dashboards.
– Reach: Africa
– Award-winning Pan African payment network that processes payments in over 35 African countries, with solutions for online and mobile payments, for which no bank account is needed.
– Reach: Argentina (Visa & Mastercard)
– Leading online payment processing solution in Argentina, regrouping more than 20 payment methods (credit cards, account transfers, or cash).
MasterCard new BINs
Following the MasterCard announcement on BINs starting with ‘2’, we are preparing the HUB to be ready to support these BINs.
– Due to the exponential growth of the payment ecosystem, BIN capacity expansion is necessary. In 2017, MasterCard will issue a whole new BIN series (222100 – 272099), impacting all merchants, in all markets.
– Amadeus has begun testing from the 14th of October 2016, following MasterCard’s requirements.
– Amadeus is working closely with its payment partners to ensure their systems will also be ready according to MasterCard timelines. As a result, we will avoid any issues with customers when these cards enter the ecosystem.
– Activation in production of this BIN2 update will be in June 2017, once all tests are carried out successfully.
If you would like to learn more about how to take advantage of these updates, or if you have any questions, please contact your Amadeus Travel Payments commercial contact, or send us an email to email@example.com