Fly by Rail
High speed technology for High Speed Railways
Research from UIC (International Union of Railways) shows that once the journey time from A to B is under 3-4 hours, rail is the preferred choice of most travellers. Wouldn’t it be great to have your rail services appear alongside airline routes giving you a unique opportunity to compete for business on an equal playing field? For customers and travel sellers, an instant comparison of all available modes of transport would provide them with real choice.
What is Fly by Rail?
Fly by Rail is a rail booking application. Rail content is displayed on the air availability display of a selected city-pair route, and is booked in exactly the same way as an airline ticket.
Railway companies are given a 2 letter IATA code, and display the following information to travel sellers on the selected city pair, alongside airlines operating on the same route:
- Departure city code and time
- Arrival city code and time
- Journey time including number of stops
- Class availability
Who is it for?
High speed and intercity railway services are best suited to load content for Fly By Rail as they can match airline city pair routes.
For travel agents (online and offline) and corporate travel sellers using Amadeus booking platforms, Fly by Rail provides new content for their customers.
What can it do for my business?
With a single connection to Amadeus, you gain access to multiple distribution channels offering international reach. Your high speed services can now attract an instant global audience of potential bookers looking to travel on your route.You can compete with airlines on short-haul routes with real-time availability and schedules.
You can also work in partnership with long-haul airlines, providing the onward journey arrangement from airport hubs. Improve the sales experience for travel sellers, making it more appealing to book rail:
- Rail bookings can be made quickly and easily, resulting in improved productivity.
- Rail travel provides a perfect ‘green’ alternative for socially conscious travellers.
- The rail PNR can be integrated with the other trip components (air, hotel, car).
- The rail PNR can be packaged with the traveller’s other trip components (air, car, hotel) resulting in a complete itinerary for the traveller, and integration into the travel agency back office reporting system.
- Rail bookings generate an additional revenue stream from commission payments.
Are you a high speed rail company offering services on inter-city routes? Would you like to achieve maximum visibility by loading your schedules to a vast audience of consumers and travel sellers?
If so, we invite you to find out more about the Amadeus Fly by Rail.
Download the Amadeus Fly by Rail Sales sheet here