Amadeus Rail Airport Express (CitySwift)
Benefit from cross-selling opportunities and increase your customers' satisfaction
The evolution of the airport express train parallels a general trend in the Rail industry to offer speedy and comfortable products and services. Passengers see a more reliable, safer, less stressful form of access. They do not need to worry about the driving or the parking. In addition many airlines are now seeing the opportunity to partner rail providers to offer feeder services and value added content to their own product offer. This is why a number of airlines give away or sell discounted tickets for airport rail links. This relationship is undoubtedly a totally complementary one.
Amadeus is the only one to fully integrate and distribute air and downtown airport express rail transport within a single ticket with Amadeus Rail Airport Express (CitySwift). It allows rail companies to increase their distribution reach and travel agencies to generate more revenue and satisfaction for their customers.
- Valued added product to airline bookers permitting 'office to office' reservation and documentation
- Reduces traveller stress in arriving at overseas airport with no onward ground transportation
- Bookable on an Amadeus standard display using common Amadeus user input
- Airport Express booking functionality supports the ability to sell Amadeus Corporate Booking tools
- Booking via Amdeus will be cheaper than buying tickets on board the train for some operators
- Using Amadeus Rail Airport Express (CitySwift) also has clear advantages for corporations when booking business trips for their employees, allowing Travel Managers to ensure that employees save time and costs
- Ability to book Airport Express rail segments on the Amadeus Principal display. The product is based on the Amadeus Fly by Rail offer (distribution on the Airline Display), with the significant difference that the airport express providers do not have reservation systems and thus require a physical ticket issued for travel. The airport express providers will all distribute under the same IATA carrier code (9G), with ticketing accomplished in conjunction with interline airline partner segments, printed on airline validated documents
- Pricing of mixed air/rail itineraries to permit through check-in for baggage from plane to train and viceversa
- Ability to print Airport express rail tickets as part of the logical ticket for the passenger's itinerary