Amadeus offers a range of flexible development solutions that enable a travel agency to tailor Amadeus solutions to their requirements and seamlessly integrate third party systems and software.
Amadeus Interface Record (A.I.R.)
The Amadeus Interface Record for back office is used for the transfer of data between the Amadeus Central System and external systems such as accounting mid and back office, information management systems or booking quality control applications.
The Amadeus Interface Record serves as the data transfer vehicle and enables travel agencies to control their operations by making available extensive information on fares and bookings in their chosen back office system.
The Amadeus Interface Record is adapted to customers' needs, working with centralised or local back office operations and provides automated solutions for small to large environment sizes. With its flexible features, Amadeus Interface Record allows each customer to select the types of messages to process the booking, changes that need to be monitored and the message content.
The Amadeus Interface Record is the entry point for various automated applications, such as integration of PNR and fare data in the back office systems, optimised BSP report management, invoicing, pre-ticketing reporting, automated booking control and synchronisation with booking changes. The Amadeus Interface Record can be transmitted to several destinations allowing reporting to headquarters and centralised business cost control.
Features and benefits
- Automated real-time transmission. The Amadeus Interface Record is automatically sent under specific conditions or events such as transactions or changes in the booking. This automated data feeding induces the reliability of information created within the main reservation environment and sent to processing applications
- It contributes to cost savings and productivity increases
- Data delivery to multiple locations. The Amadeus Interface Record is able to deliver the information to multiple locations if desired and at different booking stages
- Trace facilities. The customer can monitor the Amadeus Interface Record using the trace functionalities available. Such features provide a high level of customer service in regards to the highly sensitive data carried within the Amadeus Interface Record.
Amadeus Scripting (+Script)
Amadeus Scripting is Amadeus' Windows-based tool kit for developers. It gives travel agencies the freedom to customise the Amadeus front office environment to their exact needs.
Amadeus Scripting is perfect to create anything from an easy-to-use command wizard to an entire workflow based application, designed to map precisely the business logic of an individual agency or group.
Some examples of developments using Amadeus Scripting include a script to automate the ticketing process, a script that automates the import and booking of large numbers of travellers into Amadeus Selling Platform from Microsoft Excel© and a PNR quality assurance script that updates ticketing time limits, private fare tour codes and POS discounts based on application settings.
Features and benefits
- Reduce errors and increase agent productivity by automating parts of the workflow
- Reduce fulfilment costs by automating standard ticketing processes
Amadeus Global Connect (API)
Amadeus Global Connect is a development tool that enables the programming of customised client applications to interface to the Amadeus system. It is not a 'ready to use' product and requires software development by the end user; Amadeus Global Connect package is therefore a 'toolkit' for developers allowing them to build their own application.
For developers, it is simple to implement and requires the support of industry standard communication protocols and off-the-shelf software.
Amadeus Global Connect is available on
- Microsoft® Windows 32 bits platforms (Windows NT / 2000 / XP)
- Unix® platforms
- Any platform with a 'C Compiler'
- Standard internet environment
- Structured messages
- Backward compatibility
- Flexible programming interface
- Easy to use and install
- Cost effective
- The use of structured API verbs result in simplified maintenance and better stability
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Provides agents with a centralised access to information
- Agents can effectively mix and match services from multiple sources
- Opens new revenue opportunities and reduced maintenance costs