Amadeus Scripting (+Script) is a Windows-based toolkit for PC developers to allow travel agencies and travel distributors to customise their Amadeus front-office product.
Amadeus Scripting can create easy-to-use command wizards for entire workflow-based applications, designed to map directly to the business logic of an individual agency or group.
Amadeus Scripting allows numerous applications:
• It can help customize user interfaces with graphics or text in local languages, enforce travel policies, implement point-of-sale work-flows, reduce training needs, automate back-office operations and improve quality of sales data.
It allows also powerful integration:
• Amadeus Scripting is often the best way to integrate Amadeus front-office products with other point-of-sale applications such as local providers, private fares databases, credit card payments, customer databases, etc.
• Integrate other point-of-sale applications: local providers, private fares databases, payments by credit card, customer databases, etc.
• Reduce CRS training needs for new agents.
• Amadeus Scripting toolkit, based on COM objects (Microsoft technology), takes care of both the communication with the Amadeus system and the parsing of the host responses.
• Amadeus Scripting parsing routines are maintained centrally by Amadeus, which means productive script developments and a reliable execution of the scripts.
• Amadeus Scripting is available on the following Amadeus front-office products: Amadeus Selling Platform (Vista), APS Pro Concerto (for France) and Pro Tempo, with total compatibility of scripts across platforms.
• The Amadeus PNR Object provides all of the important PNR data elements into a highly structured object.
• Amadeus offers the most advanced and most powerful scripting tool in the travel distribution industry.
Amadeus Scripting is used by medium-to-large travel agencies, airlines and other travel distribution partners who make extensive of use of the Amadeus front-office platforms.
As Amadeus Scripting is also a tool for developers, various types of organizations can use it to develop scripts, and possibly to market them:
• Travel agencies with an IT department
• Amadeus National Marketing Companies
• Third-party IT and software services companies
• Amadeus Central and/or regional offices
• Refer to the product technical requirements of the relevant Amadeus front-office product.
• A developer’s license for their chosen development environment (e.g. VB6).
• Windows 2000 Workstation is strongly recommended.
It is also strongly recommended that every Amadeus Scripting developer attend the training course.
Amadeus is open vis-à-vis commercial scripts: any organization that develops scripts fully owns the copyright for these scripts and can freely market them to Amadeus users, provided that such users have a duly registered Amadeus Scripting-enabled Amadeus platform.
Amadeus reserves the right to authorize or deny the use of a particular script on Amadeus platforms, depending on the technical or performance impact that the script might have on the Amadeus System. Unless agreed otherwise, the organization developing a script is responsible for its distribution, maintenance and first-level technical support to end-users