The moment has finally come to unveil the identity of the Amadeus ideas for travel competition’s judging panel who are responsible for choosing the winning entry. The panel of respected travel industry figures includes analysts, a CFO, a start-up CEO, a top travel blogger and more.
The judges will each select their pick of the over 600 competition entries (to date), before coming together as a group to choose the winning idea, which will give the winner a cool €20,000 and help change the future of travel.
So…can I have a drum roll please as I give you their names…?
- Andrew Tessler, Senior Economist, Oxford Economics
- Henry Harteveldt, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
- Mujteba Naqvi, Chief Executive Officer, Bonvoy
- Jodi Ettenberg, freelance writer & founder of legalnomads.com
And from Amadeus…
- Ian Wheeler, Vice President Marketing & Distribution
- Jean-Paul Hamon, Executive Vice President, Development
- Ana de Pro, Chief Financial Officer
I think you’ll agree that the panel’s broad range of expertise, experience and perspective gives our judges the ideal balance with which to assess the competition entries and select the winner.
A series of interviews with each judge is coming soon to give you a chance to get to know each one a little better as they provide their thoughts on the competition, current assessment of the travel industry and, of course, helpful tips for competition entries.
For those that haven’t yet entered the competition, it isn’t too late!
The final deadline for entries is 18th May, so head over to www.ideasfortravel.amadeus.com, submit your entry and get word of it out to friends, family and other voters.
Steve Joseph can be found on Twitter at @sdjoseph