Social media is already having a big impact on the travel industry – from customer service via twitter to social check-in for airlines – it’s clear that social media will continue to shape the future of travel.
So, we asked and you answered – just how is social media most valuable to the travel industry?
- 14.62% thought it’s most valuable as a way to deliver customer service.
- 17.45% said social media is most valuable as a channel to promote products and services.
- 25% responded that it’s most valuable as a way to understand new travel trends.
- 39.15% see value in the ability of social media to build customer relationships.
- And a contingent of 3.77% thinks ‘none of the above’.
What do you think? Do you agree with the majority of respondents that social media offers the most value in creating relationships with customers or do you think none of the options above capture the true value of social?
We want to know what you think – leave us a comment below or send us a tweet!