It’s the little touches that can make or break a trip. A birthday message or going the extra mile for passengers when things aren’t going their way can make all the difference. At Avianca, part of our mission is to always strive to do more. That’s why we are working to create a better customer experience by using the latest technology to delight passengers.
How Avianca is putting the customer at the centre of everything
Avianca is building a customer-centric strategy with four data management steps:
- Data collection from every customer
- Identifying each customer profile
- Data knowledge generation for each customer
- Using this knowledge to create a unique customer experience and anticipate customer needs
Amadeus’ technology is behind the scenes to make this possible. With Amadeus Anytime Merchandising, we can deploy our merchandising strategy in real time. Combined with Amadeus Customer Experience Management, the two solutions work in harmony. They help us deliver the right product to the right passenger at the right time. They also help us collect relevant information and insights.
Taking personalisation to the next level
A comprehensive view of each customer helps us see how smooth the travel experience has been. Personalised alerts, which are typically delivered to passengers via our front-line staff, can then be set up. We are already using alerts in our call centres, at check-in, the boarding desk, and on board. These help our agents identify specific customers to enhance their experience. Avianca has six different personalised alerts:
- Recognition of top passengers
- Offer special services to high lifetime value passengers who do not belong to our frequent flyer programme
- Deliver a personalised welcome to all first-time flyers
- Provide special services to frequent flyer members who have been disrupted
- Provide special treatment to passengers travelling on their birthday or honeymoon
- Pay extra attention to passengers who have flown over 100 flights in a year
We plan to further develop our customer focus by using deep insights at different touchpoints. Amadeus Customer Experience Management will be a key enabler in this process.
Check out this Amadeus – Avianca case study to find out more.