- Amadeus around the world is supported by a diverse team that includes 123 different nationalities.
- Employees received 155,057 hours of classroom training in 2011, with 6. 3 million euros invested in training.
- R&D investment since 2004 totals more than two billion euros (344 million euros in 2011). The 2011 European Union Industrial Research and Development Investment Scorecard highlighted Amadeus as one of the leading companies in Europe for investment in R&D.
- Amadeus has 16 R&D centres around the world and a team of more than 4,000 people enhancing the company’s value proposition for customers worldwide.
- There are close to 800 Amadeus corporate volunteers (four times as many as in the previous year). More than 17,470 working hours were granted by Amadeus volunteers to support community initiatives.
- On environmental matters, Amadeus continued its commitment to optimise operational performance and improved the energy efficiency per transaction processed by 8%. In addition, electricity consumption per employee was reduced for the second consecutive year.
- Despite increased business operations, Amadeus reduced its overall CO2 emissions by more than 5% in 2011, due both to improved energy efficiency and increased use of renewable energy in the company’s largest sites.
On another note, our Corporate Responsibility Report has been awarded the highest possible grade (A+) by the Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI).
You can understand that we take pride in these achievements!
Visit the Amadeus’ Corporate Responsibility programme page for more information on our CSR activities and check out the full interactive Corporate Responsibility Report 2011 along with the PDF version.