Cross-Sell Your Way to Profit
More and more travel players are expanding their offers to include supplementary third-party ancillary products and services to help and inspire today’s travellers while earning attractive profits.
Travel players’ DNA is changing.
"Cross-Sell Your Way to Profit - How Travel Suppliers Are Using Third-Party Ancillary Services to Drive New Revenues and Enhance Their Traveler’s Experience" is a Forrester Consulting study commissioned by Amadeus that explores the key trends shaping the future of cross-selling.
The study is based on insights from travel providers from across the globe and centres explicitly on the opportunity presented by "third-party ancillary services".
Findings from the report include:
- Predicted revenues from third-party ancillary sales are set to grow 30% by 2015, 10 times faster than general sales.
- Third-party ancillary services will represent 2.5% of total revenues by 2015 - representing $25 million per year for a $1 billion company.
- New innovative "extreme" third-party ancillary services on offer 2020 to include:
- Virtual reality allowing customers to experience airports, hotels, cruise ships or destinations prior to travel
- Digital concierges on mobile phones to assist with hotel, airport or destination services
- In-journey spa services
- Mobile is expected to have the biggest impact on the types of third-party ancillary services that are offered and how they are sold.
To learn more about what is driving the change in travel players’ DNA, download the report here.